The next dates for training sessions have been set:
Information on opening of registrations, venues etc to follow.
The past has passed. The future is fibre. But fibre isn’t just in your bread. So what is it? What’s the UFB? What will it do for our business? And if our business should connect to it then how do we do so? Where does wireless fit in current and future technologies? What’s Ethernet? What’s WiMax and how does it work?
Need some clarity on current telecommunications systems and what the future might look like?
Then you need this Management level day-long programme. It’s a non-technical approach to current telecommunications systems like fibre, wireless, 4G/LTE, Ethernet, and will provide you with a greater understanding of the language and acronyms around the UFB and other methods of information delivery plus what it means for you and your business.
Delivered in a fun, interactive way with hands-on exercises and a quiz or two!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Management, Administrators, Human Resources, Marketing, Salespeople and others wanting a non-technical overview of current telco technologies.
Anyone who wants their business or community to make the most of the upcoming UFB rollout. This programme with provide you with a solid understanding of telco technology basics and how it all works together, in simple English.
SOME COURSE BENEFITS:
Understand the language and acronyms surrounding the UFB & RBI
Understand what’s in it for me from the UFB & RBI
Understand how new applications and new ways of working will lead to efficiencies and productivity gains
To clarify the language & technologies surrounding Fibre Optics Networks
To understand the drivers for the Ultra Fast & Rural Broadband Networks.
Understand G-PON, the technologies used and benefits and limitations
To understand new services and what they mean to us
Non Technical Overview of Current Telco Networks
- Terminology Exercise
- Data and Voice explained
- Why Digital?
- Circuits v Packets (physical v virtual)
- Transmission Mediums - Copper, Fibre, Wireless (new v old/aging)
- The aging Local Loop, PSTN, ISDN (BRI & PRI), x-DSL
- LAN’s & WAN’s
- The new Fibre UFB - advantages
- A Simple Reference Model
- National Broadband Projects Explained
- Fibre Optic Technology
- Fibre Optic Networks and Applications for NZ
- Multiplexing – Getting more from the line.
- Mobile Networks : 1G to 4G, AMPS to LTE & Wi-MAX Overview
- Local Area Network (LAN) Basics
- Ethernet History & Current Implementations
- Internetworking Devices (Switches & Routers)
- Ethernet V-LAN’s
- CoS & QoS in Ethernet Networks
- Metro & Carrier Ethernet
- New Ethernet Services for end users
- The Internet & The WWW
- Internet v4 Protocol Addressing
- IP Version6 – It’s purpose & Benefits
- Quality of Service (QoS) in IP Networks
- Application in IP Networks – File Transfer, E-mail, Web Browsing
- Voice over IP & SIP – an simple example of IP Networking
- Issues associated with All IP Networks
- Guaranteeing Quality in IP Networks
- Putting it all together – The Converged Network
Should you be unable to attend the training a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra cost. Alternatively, a refund less $100 per person, will be made for cancellations in writing received no later than 5 days prior to your intended course date. Regretably there will be no refunds after this date.
Liability for Postponement or Cancellation of the Event:
TUANZ reserves the right to make any amendments that we may deem to be in the best interest of the event. TUANZ is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a speaker substitution, alteration, cancellation or postponement of this event. If the event is altered, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or rendered inadvisable, impracticable or impossible due to a fortuitous event or unforeseen occurence TUANZ shall not be liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising from a failute to perform any term of this contract. For the purposes of this clause a fortuitous event shall include an Act of God, fire, armed conflict, disaster, civil commotion, government restrictions and/or regulations, riots, terrorism or an act of terrorism; any emergency, curtailment, suspension and/or restricition on transportation facilities/means of transportation or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of TUANZ. No refunds will be made.