We are the independent voice for users navigating a complex digital world.
- We will advocate for all New Zealanders to have equal access to meaningful digital services and connectivity.
- We will proactively speak with media to prepare New Zealanders for a digital future and provider users with a powerful voice on key issues.
- We will partner with key industry stakeholders to advance mutual objectives.
We prepare New Zealanders for the digital future.
- To provide a forum to encourage New Zealanders to make the most of the opportunities available in the digital economy.
- To help keep New Zealanders safe by providing practical tools and services relating to cyber security.
- To help users make sense of new and emerging technologies (eg: 5G and AI)
- To support the development of the next generation of leaders who are involved in digitally enabled businesses.
We will ensure TUANZ is operationally positioned to achieve its purpose.
- We will implement a sustainable membership model that is aligned with our purpose and activities.
- We will implement a communications strategy that will ensure valuable, interesting, accessible, and timely, and relevant member engagement.
- We will implement an integrated technology solution that streamlines internal operations, delivers a consistent excellent and tailored membership solution, and optimises opportunities to generate revenue and exert influence.
TUANZ is a not-for-profit membership association with over 30 years of positive telecommunications change in our history. We comprise of over 170 members, predominantly large organisations with a strong dependency on telecommunications technology as well as small enterprises.
We are also here for the little guy – we serve a representative group of SMEs and individual members. These small businesses and residential users are the customers of our large corporate members, who are just as focused on the quality of their customers’ connectivity as their own.
A history of leading change
Over the past 30 years, TUANZ has lobbied and agitated to achieve positive change on behalf of telecommunications users.
Early on, we were something of a voice in the wilderness, but over time our messages became accepted as mainstream. Regulation and policy that TUANZ has campaigned for and supported have played a big part in the introduction of internationally-orthodox regulation and policy which has paved the way for the more open and competitive environment we now see.
Because of TUANZ’s achievements, telecommunications in New Zealand is now truly competitive. No longer can service providers exploit market dominance. This means prices have come down significantly and service has improved as customers now have far more choice of services. We focus on outcomes, and we achieve them.