NEXTGEN LEADERS PROGRAMME
The NextGen programme is designed to deliver an injection of leadership juice for tier three leaders in the tech and digital industries. Based on feedback from a previous programme, the number of sessions on offer is reduced and the lag between sessions is shortened – but this will mean we are looking for participants who are able to commit, show up and be ready to get stuck in quickly.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAMME HAVE CLOSED FOR THE CURRENT COHORT BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO REGISTER FOR THE NEXT COHORT
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAMME OFFER?
- Topics and discussions that will stimulate your thinking around leadership in an evolving work environment
- Connections and new networks with other leaders facing similar opportunities and challenges
- Tools and support that will enable you to succeed in leadership
- A cohort that is reflective of leadership diversity
- Safe and inclusive conversations, with a sense of ‘team’ from the outset
- Access to an ongoing Next Gen alumni network on Facebook, where you can remain connected and inspired post-programme
WHAT DOES IT ENTAIL?
- Commitment to four sessions over three months – the first of which will involve travelling to a smart meeting room (Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington)
- Sessions are held between 12 and 1.30pm, using a video platform, I.e. Zoom or appear.in
- Programme content is shaped by participants during the first session to ensure that we meaningfully cover the interests or development needs of the group
- Participants are paired for activities or conversations in between sessions, helping to foster new connections amongst the group
- 2017 programme launches in mid September and closes in November
- 2018 programmes will launch in February and August 2018
YOU CAN APPLY TO BE PART OF THE PROGRAMME USING THE FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
For more than 25 years, Skills (www.skills.org.nz) has been helping train up the next generation of tradies and professionals. They work closely with industries to ensure that qualifications provide them, and employers, with the right skills. Skills is providing resource support for the NextGen programme for 2017/18.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I’m interested. When do I have to apply?
The next programme launches in August, so register your interest now.
How do I apply?
Complete the sign-up form at the bottom of this page.
I’m not a TUANZ member, can I still apply to take part?
We are opening this programme to TUANZ members only. You might want to get in touch and ask about membership options for your organisation, it’s got lots of perks. Email email@example.com to find out more.
How much does it cost to take part in NextGen?
It’s free! Skills are sponsoring the programme again this year, so make sure to like their Facebook page and show them some love.
Where does NextGen take place? Will I have to travel?
NextGen will be delivered online through a video platform such as Zoom or appear.in. We think that it should be as accessible as possible and acknowledge that limiting the programme to one urban location would exclude a lot of possible members. However, we did hear feedback from a previous programme that having one face-to-face session would be really worthwhile, so we’d like to launch NextGen and hold the first session at a smart meeting room. People on the programme would be invited to travel to Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch (depending on their location) to take part in that session.
What work is involved in NextGen?
Committing to all the sessions is really important. The first session will be vital. So your time is the biggest commodity we are asking for. There will be some activities or conversations that you’ll be invited to do with a partner in between sessions. This will deepen the thinking around a topic and also provide you a chance to build connections and new networks with other leaders.
What else do I get for being part of NextGen?
You will be invited to join a NextGen alumni group on Facebook. This will be a closed group for previous participants from 2016 and 2017 and the new cohort for 2018. As the programme builds, this group will be a place to share insights, helpful articles, stay connected, read reminders about the sessions ahead and more.
How many people are able to take part?
We think a group of 8-10 leaders will be about right.
*this form currently only works on Chrome, if you are unable to complete it from Chrome, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the required info*
APPLY TO PARTICIPATE IN FUTURE COHORTS
Updated 7th Nov 2017